|Friday, March 7, 2014|
- America East Basketball Championship
- Location: SEFCU Arena
- Description: UAlbany Athletics hosts the America East Men's and Women's Basketball Championships at SEFCU Arena. Come to the games and cheer on your Great Danes as they play for their chance to get the the big dance!
- MPA Admissions Open House
- Location: Downtown Campus, Husted Hall
- Description: Rockefeller College is hosting an MPA Admissions Open House for accepted students and applicants on Friday, March 7, 2014 from 12-5pm in Husted Hall on the Downtown Campus. Lunch will be served.
- National Foreign Language Week Film: Watch Out for the Car (Russian)
- Location: Humanities 354
- Description: Russian Learners Club presents the Russian social satire, "Watch out for the Car." The hero of the film is an insurance agent who is also a car thief. He steals cars only from various crooks and never from the good people. Then he sells those stolen cars and gives all the money to charity. His best friend is a cop who is working on this case. In Russian with subtitles
- Musical: Spring Awakening
- Location: Performing Arts Center (Main Theatre)
- Description: Winner of eight Tony® awards, including BEST MUSICAL, this groundbreaking rock musical retells the controversial German play from 1891. The story follows a group of teenagers, including best friends Melchior and Moritz, on a quest of self-discovery, love, sexuality, friendship, and rebellion. Holding a mirror up to our time, this is the must-see musical of a new generation.
Please note: Contains mature themes, sexual situations and strong language
PRESENTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE
- UP IN THE AIR-- Film Screening
- Location: Page Hall
- Description: Directed by Jason Reitman
(United States, 2009, 109 minutes, color)
George Clooney portrays a corporate downsizing expert who travels around the globe firing people in this acclaimed adaptation of the 2001 novel by Walter Kirn. The film received over 70 award nominations, winning a Golden Globe for Best Screenplay, and the American Film Institute's "Movie of the Year."
Note: Walter Kirn will appear at the Writers Institute on March 25 (see listing).