|Friday, April 18, 2014|
- Sign Up for the 2014 Workforce Team Challenge
- Location: unknown
- Description: The CDPHP® Workforce Team Challenge is the largest annual road race between Utica and New York City.
Event Date: Thursday, May 15, 2014
Start Time: 6:25 p.m.
Place: Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY
Distance 3.5 miles
Cost: $22.00 per entry
Registration Deadline: 11:00 p.m. on Friday, May 2, 2014
Interested? Then register for the UAlbany team, lace up your sneakers, and prepare to join your UAlbany coworkers downtown on May 15, 2014.
- Research Project: Anxiety in Daily Life
- Location: Social Science 399
- Description: Anxiety Getting In Your Way? Research Participants Needed! Attend a training session at the University at Albany campus, where you will complete a survey and learn a mindfulness technique. Practice for the next 14 days and tell us about your experience from your computer, phone, or tablet. Earn up to $20 in cash and 20 raffle entries to win a $200 gift card. Learn more and see if you qualify at www.MyMindfulDays.com!
- How Does Unemployment Affect Family Arrangements for Children
- Location: Business Administration 29
- Description: H. Elizabeth Peters, (Ph.D., Economics) is the Director of the Center on Labor, Human Services, and Population at the Urban Institute. She is an economic demographer whose research focuses on family economics and social policy. She has published extensively on topics related to family formation and dissolution, consequences for fragile families, family investments in children, child care, child well-being, intergenerational mobility and intergenerational transfers, and father involvement.