|Wednesday, April 23, 2014|
- Sign Up for the 2014 Workforce Team Challenge
- Location: unknown
- Description: The CDPHP® Workforce Team Challenge is the largest annual road race between Utica and New York City.
Event Date: Thursday, May 15, 2014
Start Time: 6:25 p.m.
Place: Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY
Distance 3.5 miles
Cost: $22.00 per entry
Registration Deadline: 11:00 p.m. on Friday, May 2, 2014
Interested? Then register for the UAlbany team, lace up your sneakers, and prepare to join your UAlbany coworkers downtown on May 15, 2014.
- Research Project: Anxiety in Daily Life
- Location: Social Science 399
- Description: Anxiety Getting In Your Way? Research Participants Needed! Attend a training session at the University at Albany campus, where you will complete a survey and learn a mindfulness technique. Practice for the next 14 days and tell us about your experience from your computer, phone, or tablet. Earn up to $20 in cash and 20 raffle entries to win a $200 gift card. Learn more and see if you qualify at www.MyMindfulDays.com!
- UAlbany Earth and Wellness Day Health Zone Event
- Location: Campus Center Fireside Lounge
- Description: Part of the annual Earth and Wellness Day event, the Health Zone provides free health screenings and information for students, faculty, and staff. Services include: cholesterol lipid, glucose, pulmonary,and hearing screenings, blood pressure checks, chiropractic assessments, and information on sleep hygiene and disorders. Services provided by St. Peter's Health Partners and the New York Chiropractic Council. Event co-sponsors: UAlbany EAP and the Office of Environmental Sustainability
- UAlbany Earth and Wellness Day
- Location: Campus Center Ballroom
- Description: Co-sponsored by UAlbany's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and the Office of Environmental Sustainability. This year's theme is "Unplug to Reconnect." Take a break from technology and find other outlets to connect to that support wellness and relaxation. Exhibitor fair, demonstrations, soil sample analysis for gardeners, live music, clothing exchange, and free refreshments are all a part of this annual university event. Special sponsorship provided by UAS.
- Department of History: Janice D. and Theodore H. Fossieck Lecture
- Location: Science Library - Standish Room
- Description: Featured speaker is Karolyn Smardz Frost who will discuss "Planting Slavery in Nova Scotia's Promised Land, 1759-1783." Frost's landmark biography of fugitive slaves Thornton and Luci Blackburn, I've Got a Home in Glory Land: A Lost Tale of the Underground Railroad (2007) has won wide recognition and numerous prizes including Canada's top literary prize.
- Writing and Critical Inquiry Presents...
- Location: Education 335
- Description: Professor Kelly Kinney, Director of the Writing Initiative SUNY Binghamton, will speak about "Process Gives Way to Product: A Theory of Grading and a Model for Programs."
- Baseball vs Manhattan
- Location: Varsity Field (Baseball)
- Description: UAlbany Baseball takes on Manhattan at Varsity Field
- Adobe Photoshop for Digital Photography Beginners
- Location: Library Basement, LI B15
- Description: Learn the basics of digital photo manipulation using Adobe Photoshop. Discover how to crop images, adjust exposure, correct color, and much more. Photoshop experience is not required. We provide the photographs. Walk-ins welcomed.
- Professional Development Speaker Series: A Conversation with Jaime Daley
- Location: Levitt Room (Downtown Campus)
- Description: The National Center for Security & Preparedness (NCSP) is proud to announce the commencement of its Professional Development Speaker Series: A Conversation with Jaime Daley, the Assistant Director of the New York State Office of Counter Terrorism (OCT).