|Friday, April 25, 2014|
- Sign Up for the 2014 Workforce Team Challenge
- Location: unknown
- Description: The CDPHP® Workforce Team Challenge is the largest annual road race between Utica and New York City.
Event Date: Thursday, May 15, 2014
Start Time: 6:25 p.m.
Place: Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY
Distance 3.5 miles
Cost: $22.00 per entry
Registration Deadline: 11:00 p.m. on Friday, May 2, 2014
Interested? Then register for the UAlbany team, lace up your sneakers, and prepare to join your UAlbany coworkers downtown on May 15, 2014.
- Research Project: Anxiety in Daily Life
- Location: Social Science 399
- Description: Anxiety Getting In Your Way? Research Participants Needed! Attend a training session at the University at Albany campus, where you will complete a survey and learn a mindfulness technique. Practice for the next 14 days and tell us about your experience from your computer, phone, or tablet. Earn up to $20 in cash and 20 raffle entries to win a $200 gift card. Learn more and see if you qualify at www.MyMindfulDays.com!
- Move-Out Information
- Location: Various Locations
- Description: Check out important dates/times for MicroFridge returns, moving/storage, textbook rental returns, textbook buyback and graduation regalia.
- Indian Quad Dining Hall Closed
- Location: Indian Quad Dining Room
- Description: Indian Quad's dining hall will be closed during dinner tonight due to UAlbany Live on Dutch Commons.
- School of Public Health Student Poster Day
- Location: East Campus
- Description: The 23rd Annual Student Poster Day is an opportunity for students to present on graduate research projects or required internship experiences. Student posters are reviewed and judged by faculty judges for Excellence in Research and Honorable Mention awards.
- Political Theory Workshop presents a conversation with Ayten Gundogdo
- Location: Levitt Room (Downtown Campus)
- Description: Political Theory Workshop presents a conversation with Ayten Gundogdu from the Department of Political Science at Barnard College on the "Perplexities of Human Rights: Hannah Arendt and the Contemporary Struggles of Migrants"
- Department of Economics Speaker
- Location: Business Administration 130
- Description: Ju Hyun Kim, Columbia University, will present "Identifying the Distribution of Treatment Effects under Support Restrictions". The link to the paper is attached.
- Internships 101!
- Location: Performing Arts Center 263
- Description: Rockefeller College Office of Career Development presents "Internships 101!" Come learn how to find internships and prepare yourself to obtain them.
For more information contact Jonathan Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Film Screening: Sweet Dreams, Q&A with Ice Cream Entrepreneur Jennie Dundas
- Location: Page Hall
- Description: (Rwanda/United States, 2012, 89 minutes)
This moving documentary follows a group of Rwandan women who, in the aftermath of the 1994 genocide, form the country’s first all-female drumming troupe, and open the country’s first ice cream parlor, with the help of the Brooklyn-based Blue Marble Ice Cream Company. Stage and screen actress Jennie Dundas, cofounder of Blue Marble, will speak after the screening.
Cosponsors: School of Criminal Justice's Food, Crime and Justice Film Series
- ChoreoPhysics: Seeing the Science, Envisioning the Invisible
- Location: Performing Arts Center (Main Theatre)
- Description: A PAC Prime Performance - Traversing the intersection of scholarship and the arts, the Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company premieres a new work inspired by physics principles and created in collaboration with physicist Keith Earle. Also on the program are several of the company’s acclaimed repertory works which inherently illuminate scientific principles and have been selected and studied by Professor Earle and his students.