|Tuesday, January 27, 2015|
- Apply to be an Emerging Student Leader!
- Location: https://myinvolvement.org/organization/eslp/availableforms
- Description: Do you want to become a LEADER and have fun while doing so? Then the Emerging Student Leaders Program is for you! The Emerging Student Leaders Program is an elite and interactive program designed to enhance you as a leader and student here at UAlbany. The Emerging Student Leaders Program helps students develop a strong sense of self, build confidence in their leadership ability, and establish long lasting friendships so they may become active and engaged citizens of the University at Albany and the global community. APPLY NOW!
- 2015 President's Award for Leadership Application
- Location: N/A
- Description: The President's Award for Leadership recognizes undergraduate and graduate students and organizations that have made significant contributions to enhance the quality of life at the University at Albany. Recipients will have demonstrated a variety of accomplishments including extraordinary leadership, service, academic achievement, engagement and involvement within the University community. Application/nomination form available online at www.albany.edu/involvement. Deadline is February 6, 2015 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Meal Plan Changes
- Location: UAS
- Description: Meal plans can be changed up until February 3rd. For more information, check out https://ualbanydining.com/dining-plans/index.html
- Campus Gold
- Location: SUNYCard Office, Campus Center, Room 52
- Description: Students waiting for founds to become available through Financial Aid may have funds advanced to their SUNYCard Campus Gold account in order to make purchases of items such as books and supplies. Deadline to receive Campus Gold funds is February 3rd. For more information, check out www.albany.edu/uas
- Location: Field behind Dutch Quad
- Description: The UAlbany Women's Rugby Football Club is recruitting! We are looking for females who are interested in trying a new sport;no experience needed! Please email us if interested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conversation with Robert Tynes PhD '11, Site Director, Bard Prison Initiative
- Location: Levitt Room (Downtown Campus)
- Description: Robert Tynes is Site Director for Eastern Correctional Facility and a member of the Bard Prison Initiative faculty. He is also a Faculty Associate at the Bard College Institute for Writing & Thinking. Tynes has taught political science courses at UAlbany and SUNY-New Paltz, and he teaches writing for the Language and Thinking Program at Bard College. His research focuses on child soldiers, political violence, African politics, the political economy of oil in Africa and American foreign policy.
- You Can Say That Again! - POSTPONED UNTIL FEBRUARY 8
- Location: Performing Arts Center (Recital Hall)
- Description: Pianist Bob Gluck teams up with noted computer musician Neil Rolnick & bassist Christopher Dean Sullivan to perform works by Rolnick as well as Gluck's interpretations of traditional Jewish melodies. The music crosses stylistic boundaries melding jazz, electronic, classical and everything in between. Prior to the concert, the musicians will offer a free workshop in music improvisation & electronic performance from 4 to 5pm.
PRESENTED BY THE DEPT OF MUSIC & THEATRE