|Thursday, October 23, 2014|
- Call for Nominations: 2015 Rockefeller College Alumni Awards
- Location: Rockefeller College
- Description: Each year at its annual Alumni Dinner and Awards Ceremony, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy honors a number of distinguished individuals for their outstanding contributions in the areas of political science, public administration, leadership, and continuing professional development.
For more information on awards categories and to make your nomination by November 1, 2014, please click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRXMFB3
- Creating Surveys with Google Forms
- Location: Library Basement, LI B15
- Description: Google Forms is a free and flexible form-building tool that is integrated with Google Drive, Google’s file storage service. Forms can be created and edited by multiple users. Learn to use Google Forms to create surveys, polls, registration forms and other instruments for collecting information. The class will cover creating, editing, sharing and connecting forms to a spreadsheet for data collection. Please create a free Google Drive account before attending the class. Walk-ins welcomed.
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- Location: Campus Center Assembly Hall
- Description: Join us for lunch and stories from the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference.
Twelve women and man from the College of Computing and Information departments are attending this year. Attendees return with stories about how the experience changed their lives in some dramatic or significant way.
Lunch provided through support of CCIWIT and UAS.
- Thursday Policy Lunch Series
- Location: Milne 215 (Downtown Campus)
- Description: This weeks Thursday Policy Lunch Series will feature a conversation with Jaraslov Tir.
You are encouraged to bring your lunch.
- Testing 1...2...3...: Free Graduate School Testing Prep Resources
- Location: Library Basement LI B48
- Description: Learn how to use library resources to prepare for graduate school admissions tests. This session includes information about free online books and practice tests for the GREs, GMATs and much more. The workshop length is 1 hour. Walk-ins welcomed.
- Maximize Your Scholarly Impact with ResearcherID and ORCID
- Location: Library Basement, LI B14
- Description: [For those undertaking scholarly research for publication, such as faculty or doctoral students]. ResearcherID & ORCID are ways to identify a scholar’s work on the Web. They enable you to have a concise record of your scholarly works and measure your influence using citation metrics and newer measures, such as altmetrics. Other researchers & scholars will more readily identify your publications, which increases your scholarly impact and facilitates future collaboration with those in your field.
- Thirsty Thursday
- Location: Campus Center
- Description: Stop by and get any size fountain beverage or 12 oz. coffee for $1 at Cusato's, Damien's, Wholly Habaneros, SubConnection, 518 Market, UFood Grill, Coccadotts and Stalks and Stems!
- NYCAP Research Alliance Scientific Research Symposium
- Location: Life Sciences Research Building - D'Ambra Auditorium
- Description: You are invited to the NYCAP Research Alliance Scientific Research Symposium sponsored by Albany Medical College, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, the University at Albany and Wadsworth Center, as we welcome three internationally recognized researchers and share progress made toward building a cooperative translational medicine research model in New York’s Capital Region.
- "Crash" Movie & Discussion
- Location: Campus Center 346
- Description: Come watch Crash, a movie where "Los Angeles citizens with vastly separate lives collide in interweaving stories of race, loss and redemption." Discussion to follow.
- Be professional! Professional Development & Networking With State Farm Professionals
- Location: Business Building 213
- Description: NAAAP’s UAlbany Chapter will work with State Farm Insurance for a professional workshop series which starts from this semester. The workshop series will focus on guiding students – both undergraduate and graduate – in paving their own paths to academic and professional success. Each workshop will invite several guest speakers from Local or national firms to present on job searching, career building and social networking in order to benefit the majority of students to achieve their career goals.
- Women's Soccer vs UMBC
- Location: Bob Ford Field (Football Stadium)
- Description: Women's Soccer heads to Bob Ford Field to play UMBC for a 7 p.m. game.
- La Dolce Vita
- Location: Humanities 290
- Description: Italian Club Meeting. Practice Italian, learn about Italian culture!
- Coming Out Reception 2014
- Location: Campus Center Ballroom
- Description: Student Association's Department of Gender and Sexuality Concerns invites all to our annual Coming Out Reception!
Not only is October LGBT History Month, but October 11th is National Coming Out Day! Everyday people struggle with coming out to their friends, family members and other people in their lives about their sexual or gender identities. With open minds and united hearts, join us and CELEBRATE!
Want to share your coming out story? Email Deidre Dumpson at email@example.com !