|Thursday, September 3, 2015|
- Call for Nominations: Rockefeller College
- Location: Rockefeller College
- Description: Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy invites you to nominate individuals for their outstanding achievement and service to the College and community. These individuals personify the College’s commitment to excellence and service and bring distinction to themselves and to their alma mater. The awards will be presented at the Annual Alumni Dinner and Awards Ceremony on May 13, 2016.
- 2015 Artists of the Mohawk Hudson Region Juried Exhibition
- Location: University Art Museum
- Description: The exhibition features 85 works by 44 artists in all media. Chosen from over 1,600 entries by 367 artists, the exhibition reflects the expansive range of issues and subject matter that contemporary artists are dealing with both in the Capital Region and in the larger art world.
- Make Your Course Accessible (Webinar)
- Location: Webinar
- Description: This webinar is intended to provide faculty with ten take-away tips on making their course accessible for all students. Participants will learn how to create alternative text (alt tags) in Blackboard and Microsoft Office. They will also become familiar with accessibility-checkers and synchronous captioning. The webinar is appropriate for instructors that teach face-to-face, as well as, online courses.
- Internships in Aging Project Brown Bag Series
- Location: Levitt Room (Downtown Campus)
- Description: Activists of the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s – Where are they now?: Defining and Overcoming Barriers to Activism. This course will address procedures, benefits and challenges associated with conducting research with older participants as well as focus on the social work value of social justice. The instructor will discuss procedures and findings from a qualitative research study with older adult activists who pursued social change.
- Couponing 101 - East Campus EAP-Sponsored Financial Wellness Lunchtime Program
- Location: School of Public Health George Education Center Conference Room 110A
- Description: Looking to increase your awareness about the use of coupons to help you with your financial wellness goals? If so, join us for this informative program provided by Jenny Brannon, SEFCU's Manager of Community and Member Education.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)-sponsored events are open to UAlbany and Research Foundation faculty, staff, family members, UAS employees, GSEU members, and retirees.
- ROCK THE BIKE: State Quad
- Location: State Quad Dining Room
- Description: Don't miss the PEDAL POWERED smoothie maker!
Join UAlbany Dining's Registered Dietitian, Donna Duffy, tonight at State Quad as she teaches you how to make your very own pedal powered fruit smoothie. Donna will talk with you about the nutritional and health benefits of increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables.
- La Pause cafe (French Club)
- Location: Main Library
- Description: Take a break from your normal activities and spend an hour getting to know others on campus who share your interest in the French language and want to practice speaking it in a relaxed, informal setting.
All levels are welcome: Venez nombreux!
- Group Exercise Sampler Class
- Location: Campus Center Assembly Hall
- Description: Join us to experience UAlbany's Fall Group Exercise Sampler Class. This is a FREE Mini, 15-minute sessions of insanity, yoga, hula hoop fitness and tabata. Meet and greet with our instructors. Plus ask questions of our on-hand experts.