|Friday, October 31, 2014|
- Call for Nominations: 2015 Rockefeller College Alumni Awards
- Location: Rockefeller College
- Description: Each year at its annual Alumni Dinner and Awards Ceremony, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy honors a number of distinguished individuals for their outstanding contributions in the areas of political science, public administration, leadership, and continuing professional development.
For more information on awards categories and to make your nomination by November 1, 2014, please click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRXMFB3
- Emerging Issues: Fundraising for Social Change
- Location: Milne 200 (Downtown Campus)
- Description: Emerging Issues in the Nonprofit Sector is proud to present "Fundraising for Social Change" - Many nonprofit organizations struggle to fund social change projects, especially in these tough economic times. Beyond grant writing, what strategies can social change and advocacy nonprofits use to raise revenue while also building support for their missions? How can all nonprofits succeed during challenging economic times?
- Location: Campus Center Small Fountain
- Description: Join the Programming Board and test your luck at the haunted carnival on Halloween Night. Win prizes for your gaming skills and best costume!
- Volleyball vs New Hamphsire
- Location: University Gym (Volleyball)
- Description: The UAlbany Volleyball team finished out the month of October with an America East Conference game vs New Hampshire at 7 p.m.
- Reasons to Be Pretty
- Location: Performing Arts Center (Arena Theatre)
- Description: In Neil LaBute’s explosive dark comedy that confronts our collective obsession with physical beauty, Greg’s tight-knit social circle is thrown into turmoil when his offhand remarks about a female coworker’s pretty face and his own girlfriend Steph’s lack thereof get back to Steph. But that’s just the beginning…
Please note: This production contains adult language.
PRESENTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC AND THEATRE
- Film: Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Location: Page Hall
- Description: Directed by Francis Ford Coppola
(U.S., 1992, 128 min., color)
With Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins
One of the great horror spectacles of its time, the film manages to be faithful to the original novel and, at the same time, a wildly original interpretation. The NY Times said, “With its gorgeous sets and costumes, its hallucinogenic special effects and mad montages… it transcends camp to become a testimonial to the glories of film making as an end in itself." NYS Writers Institute