|Tuesday, September 30, 2014|
- Call for Nominations: 2015 Rockefeller College Alumni Awards
- Location: Rockefeller College
- Description: Each year at its annual Alumni Dinner and Awards Ceremony, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy honors a number of distinguished individuals for their outstanding contributions in the areas of political science, public administration, leadership, and continuing professional development.
For more information on awards categories and to make your nomination by November 1, 2014, please click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRXMFB3
- UAlbany Hazing Prevention Week Tabling
- Location: Campus Center Lobby
- Description: Pick up brochures, giveaways, sign the hazing prevention banner and get more information on other hazing awareness/prevention events and activities.
- Getting Started with Dreamweaver
- Location: Library Basement, LI B15
- Description: Learn how to setup and edit a page with Dreamweaver. This includes layout, formatting, using the Design and Code views, and assembling a real page with tables and images. NOTE: Experience with HTML/XHTML or participation in Introduction to HTML/XHTML is strongly encouraged. Walk-ins welcomed.
- Mary Reid Kelley: Working Objects and Videos
- Location: University Art Museum
- Description: "Mary Reid Kelley: Working Objects and Videos” marks the first time this critically-acclaimed artist presents the finely crafted and researched costumes, objects, and drawings that are key to her inventive video process, which fuses live performance, drawing, sculpture, costume design, and digital media.
- ITS Data Center Ribbon Cutting
- Location: ITS Data Center
- Description: Join President Robert J. Jones, CIO Christine Haile and SUNY Chancellor Nancy Zimpher as they dedicate and cut the ribbon on UAlbany’s state-of-the-art, data center offering enhanced capabilities which better position the University for increased research funding, recruitment and public-private partnerships.
Facility tours, video presentation and refreshments included.
- EAP Get to Know Your Campus
- Location: School of Business Building
- Description: The UAlbany Employee Assistance Program (EAP) brings faculty and staff another "Get to Know Your Campus" event. If you haven't had the chance to tour of our new state-of-the-art School of Business Building, here's your chance. The EAP "Get to Know Your Campus" events are designed to provide faculty and staff with an opportunity to learn more about our great university and to meet other employees from different departments. Tour starting point - north entrance of the building/ facing Collins
- Workshop II: What is “plagiarism” all about? How to avoid it?
- Location: University Library
- Description: The second in a series, this workshop will help international students gain a better understanding of what plagiarism is and how to avoid it. Through this hands-on workshop, students will learn the purposes of acknowledging sources; situations that require citations; instances of plagiarism; differences between quoting, summarizing, and paraphrasing; commonly used citation styles (APA and MLA); and tips for avoiding plagiarism.
University Library--LI – B48
- Alumni Quad: Stone Steakhouse Event
- Location: Alumni Quad Dining Room
- Description: Join us for a Swipe+ Event!
-Amazing steaks grilled to perfection with scrumptious sides.
-One Meal Swipe plus $8.00 in Munch Money, cash or credit.
-Reserve at any Quad greeter station ahead of time and receive a $1 off coupon!
- Rockefeller Goes to Boston: Alumni Reception!
- Location: 327 Newbury St., Boston MA
- Description: Join us for a Rockefeller College Alumni Reception in Boston. Meet the Dean, staff and your fellow alumni living and working in the Boston area. Guests will enjoy two-hours of open bar and hors d’oeuvres. A suggested donation of $25 per person will benefit the Rockefeller College Student Experience Fund which supports events and activities that enhance the overall student experience. We hope to see you there!
RSVP by September 22
- Rockefeller Alumni D.C. Meet-Up with Professor Ellen Rubin
- Location: Sutherland Asbill & Brennan and Flight Wine Bar - Washington, D.C.
- Description: Workshop w/ Prof Ellen Rubin — 6pm
Sutherland Asbill & Brennan
700 6th St NW, 7th Fl, Chesapeake Conference Room
Happy Hour — 7pm
Bar 777 6th St NW
Come on out to meet Prof. Ellen Rubin for a workshop on performance appraisals and then head across the street for a happy hour with your fellow Rockefeller alumni living in D.C.! More info and RSVP at the link.
- El Club de Español
- Location: Humanities 354
- Description: Spanish Club is for undergraduates and graduates, catering to more advanced speakers. Only Spanish spoken.
- Men's Soccer vs St. Francis (NY)
- Location: Bob Ford Field (Football Stadium)
- Description: Men's Soccer closes out the month of September with a game against St. Francis starting at 7 p.m. on Bob Ford Field.
- Documentary: Blood Rising
- Location: Performing Arts Center (Recital Hall)
- Description: Director Mark McLoughlin will present his documentary “Blood Rising” about the appalling FEMINOCIDIO -- the abduction and murder of 1,400 factory girls in Juarez, Mexico over the past 20 years -- at this special UAlbany showing. The director, a mother of one of the dead girls, and the Irish artist portrayed in the film who is doing portraits of the victims will be at the showing to talk about it.