|Wednesday, March 12, 2014|
- CARD's Professional Development & Parent Seminar (WESTBURY, NY)
- Location: Holiday Inn Westbury-Long Island
- Description: Join the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities for the Professional Development and Parent Seminar held in Westbury, NY. Session titles include "Helping Students with ASD Overcome Challenging Behavior and Improve their Quality of Life" and "Encouraging and Shaping Desired Pro-social Behaviors in Students with ASD".
- Making Movies and Slideshows with iMovie
- Location: Interactive Media Center LI b41 (basement)
- Description: Learn how to import, cut, move, and crop video clips; add transitions, sound files, special effects and text. Export the final project to MP4, WMV or QuickTime formats, DVD, or add to a PowerPoint presentation and upload to YouTube. Skills acquired are transferable to applications such as Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas. Walk-ins welcomed. Class meets in the Interactive Media Center, basement of University Library
- Keeping Your System Patched - 30 minutes
- Location: LC SB 30A
- Description: Did you know that one of the main reasons computer systems get infected is because they're running out-of-date software? This workshop will show you how to easily keep your system up-to-date with software that scans for insecure, out-of-date programs and automatically installs essential security updates.
- Collaborative Learning for Success Webinar
- Location: Webinar
- Description: This webinar will discuss some tips and tricks for making the most of using the Groups tool in Blackboard, including how to set up groups, create group discussions, and create collaborative exams and assignments.
- Password Management - 30 minutes
- Location: LC SB 30A
- Description: Your passwords protect access to your online life: bank accounts, credit cards, loans, classes, Facebook, Twitter, email, shopping, etc. Do you have trouble remembering all of those passwords? Are you using simple passwords just so you can remember them? Are you using the same password for multiple places? Do you write them down or keep them in an online file? This workshop will show you how you can use strong, unique passwords without having to remember them all. Learn to use password manageme
- Rockefeller College New Major Orientation
- Location: Humanities 354
- Description: Are you interested in politics? Have you thought about working for a non-profit organization? Check out our New Major Orientation. During this event you will learn about two departments in the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy. During the New Major Orientation you will meet department personnel, get an overview of the major requirements, and learn about opportunities that are available to you from both Rockefeller College and the University as a whole.
- Dreamweaver Layouts and Templates
- Location: Library Basement, LI B15
- Description: (Prerequisite: Starting with Dreamweaver and Intermediate Dreamweaver (see above) or extensive previous Dreamweaver and CSS experience) - Learn how to use Dreamweaver's CSS based layouts to make standards compliant Web pages efficiently. Also, learn how to create and use Dreamweaver Templates (DWT) Web sites for easy site-wide work. Walk-ins welcomed.
- CWGCS EVENT: Geraldine Ferraro: Paving the Way
- Location: Swyer Theater / The Egg / Albany
- Description: Geraldine Ferraro: Paving the Way
with filmmaker Donna Zaccaro
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
6pm reception, 6:30pm screening
The Egg, Albany
- University-Community Symphonic Band
- Location: Performing Arts Center (Arena Theatre)
- Description: This large ensemble will perform in the round with the audience very close to the performers in this intimate theater setting.
PRESENTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC
- ISE/WMHT Community Cinema Presents: Medora
- Location: Multicultural Resource Center
- Description: WMHT has partnered with ITVS to bring you Independent Lens films hosted by the Office of Intercultural Student Engagement BEFORE they are shown on television.
Medora, Indiana is a once-booming community beset by a crippled economy and a dwindling population. This documentary follows the town's down-but-not-out varsity basketball team over a season, capturing the players' stories on and off the court as the team's struggle to compete parallels the town's fight for survival.